Repainting kitchen cabinets is an inexpensive way to update the look of your kitchen. What is the best paint sprayer for cabinets? You can go for muted colors like slate grey for a minimalistic appearance or try a color that will pop out like sea green or navy blue.
Taking on this project can sound intimidating. You will need to disassemble the pieces and then put them back together once you are done repainting them. You will also need to sand and clean the cabinets to ensure flawless results.
If you are looking for a way to simplify the process, consider getting a paint sprayer for kitchen cabinets. A paint sprayer gets the job done faster than using a roller or a paintbrush. You will also get more even results and a more professional finish.
Many paint sprayers these days are equipped with features that can help you do more than just repaint your cabinets. You can do other projects like repaint your fence, door, interior wall, and exterior siding and do wood staining projects.
We checked out what the market has to offer when it comes to the best paint sprayer for kitchen cabinets and we picked out the ones that are great for different scales of project and different price range. Our choices are the best when it comes to durability, efficiency, and quality results.
In this Guide
Our Top Recommendations for the Best Paint Sprayer for Kitchen Cabinets
Make sure you include these products in your list of options:
- 【3 Spray Patterns & 5 Nozzle Sizes】Paint sprayer can be adjusted to 3 different spray patterns: horizontal, vertical and circular, and equipped with 5 size nozzles(1.2mm/ 1.5mm/ 1.8mm/ 2.5mm/ 3.0mm) for any painting projects, such as furniture, cars, fences, interior walls, garage doors, garden tables and chairs etc.
- 【Perfect Design For User Experience】Detachable, making it easier to use and clean; the paint output can be controled by adjusting the flow control knob on the sprayer to obtain different paint output; The 6.6ft power cord is long enough to allow you to move freely within a larger work area; Upgrade 700W to make your spraying project more extensive.
- 【High-Quality Materials】Using copper nozzles can withstand pressure more than plastic nozzles, and is less prone to clogging. It can also make the spraying surface more concentrated and more uniform. The use of double-layer insulation materials allows you to avoid worrying about any safety issues during operation.
- 【Powerful Upgrade Advantages】The rear foam pad can prevent paint from flowing backwards, block the nozzle, and make the spray more uniform; it also has dust and moisture resistance functions, which can not only extend the life of the motor, but also ensure the purity and effect of spray color; All-copper high-power motor, powerful spray and more durable.
- 【Package Contents】1X Paint Sprayer, 1X 1000 ml Container, 5X Size Nozzles, 1X Viscosity Cup , 1X Nozzle Cleaning Needle, 1X Cleaning Brush, 1X Spanner, 1X Lid Pot, 1X User Manual. If you have any questions, please contact us via your order, our technical team and after-sales team are always behind you.
- HVLP PAINT SPRAYER: The Control Spray Max paint sprayer uses high volume, low pressure technology to atomize materials into fine particles and provide a smooth finish on door trim, decks, furniture, more
- USE WITH A WIDE VARIETY OF MATERIALS: Powerful two-stage turbine makes it easy to paint walls and surfaces with thinned latex paints and thinner materials like stains and poly
- ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS: Customize your paint flow by using the pressure control dial and material flow adjuster to receive the perfect finish every time. Turn the air cap to spray round, horizontal, or vertical
- GREAT DESIGN: The stationary base is connected to the spray gun with a 20 ft. hose to easily reach your painting project and reduce hand fatigue. Also includes a 1 ½ qt. cup and professional grade metal 1 qt. cup
- High Power And Large Capacity Electric Paint Sprayer : Tilswall HVLP paint gun use 550 watts of power, provide excellent atomization effect and accuracy to support smooth and superior painting results. With 1300ml detachable container keeps you using it for longer time until the next replenishment. Tilswall spray gun is your best choice for painting ceiling, fence, cabinets, wall, wood, chairs or crafts.
- Adjustable Flow Control: The flow current can be adjusted by the knob on the trigger to achieve the coating speed（0-1200m/min) and project size, then you can spray the coating accurately and evenly without brush marks, A variable air pressure control from 0 to 1200ml/min allows you to change the force the sprayer uses to release paint, finish the earliest possible time with a substantial horsepower. make you work more efficient
- 3 Spray Patterns & 3 Nozzle Sizes: Paint sprayer can be adjusted to 3 different spray patterns:horizontal/vertical/circular,and equipped with 3 size nozzles(1.00mm/1.8mm/2..6mm) 1.00mm great for thin paints like sealers and varnish, 1.8mm ideal for spraying latex paint, chalk type paint and milk type paint, 2.6mm perfect for low viscosity primer and wall paint.
- Easy To Use And Clean: Tilswall paint gun use detachable design, all parts of the paint gun can be detachable, that is very easy to assemble when you want to start to paint, After you finish work you also can easy to clean machine, just remove container to wash, you don't need to remove whole paint gun
- 9.84ft cable & 120 din/s:9.84ft/3m cable increases more accessibilty when you need more mobility; 120din/s supports high visocity for avoiding clopping easily which will cause the gun to spit and sputter, even for latex paint. Great for decks, fences, furniture, trim, sheds, railings and garages.
- 【3 Spray Patterns & 5 All-copper Nozzle Sizes】Do you want to repaint the furniture or cabinets to make the family more beautiful? YATTICH upgraded version 700W paint sprayer, can be adjusted to 3 different spray patterns: horizontal, vertical and circular, and equipped with 5 size nozzles(1.2mm/ 1.5mm/ 1.8mm/ 2.5mm/ 3.0mm) for any painting projects, such as furniture, cars, fences, interior walls, garage doors, garden tables and chairs etc. Owning a paint sprayer costs less than hire a worker!
- 【3 Perfect Designs for User Needs】(1) Simple disassembly, easy and convenient to clean! (2) Simple and Flexible Flow Control Button - the paint output can be controled by adjusting the flow control knob on the sprayer to obtain different paint output, save paint for you, achieve the effect you want. (3)The 6.5Ft power cord is long enough to allow you to move freely within a larger work area, make your spraying project more extensive.
- 【High-Quality and Safe Materials】For nozzles, our spray gun uses all-copper nozzles, the purpose is to withstand the impact of super 700W power, avoid damage caused by falling or breaking, and is less prone to clogging. For paint sprayer body, we use of double-layer insulation materials allows you to avoid worrying about any safety issues during operation, and will not cause any harm to the human body. It can also make the spraying surface more concentrated and more uniform.
- 【700W Powerful Upgrade Advantages】This is an upgraded version based on 500W paint sprayer!The all-copper 700 watt high-power motor, high-efficiency operation speed, save energy and your time. The rear foam pad can prevent paint from flowing backwards, block the nozzle, and make the spray more uniform. It also has dust and moisture resistance functions, which can not only extend the life of the motor, but also ensure the purity and effect of spray color.
- 【Package List】You will receive 1X Paint Sprayer, 1X 1000ml Container, 5X Size Copper Nozzles, 1X Viscosity Cup, 1X Nozzle Cleaning Needle, 1X Cleaning Brush, 1X Spanner, 1X Lid Pot, 1X User Manual. If you have any questions, please contact us via your order, you will get a reply in 18 hours, our technical team and after-sales team are always behind you.
- Dicfeos paint sprayer is a versatile HVLP paint sprayer that can be used for both furniture and general home use. The powerful 700-watt motor allows you to paint with minimal filling, giving your work a robust, full look
- 4 different nozzle sizes (1.3mm/1.8mm/2.6mm/3.0mm)which will be enough to allow you to tackle a range of different jobs. 1.3mm-1.8mm-2.6mm nozzle are great for thin paints like sealers and varnish. 3.0mm nozzle is great for spraying latex paint,chalk type paint and milk type paint
- Adjust the air cap to spray horizontal, vertical, and circular at anytime you want. Also you can adjust the flow control knob to quickly increase or decrease the material output, which allows you to control your paint flow to your project needs ( The max flow rate can reach to 1200ml/min )
- The 6.6 Ft power cord is long enough for you to move freely in large work area. Dicfeos paint sprayer with lightweight and handy size fit perfectly in your hand and let you spraying longer without fatigue
- Detachable design means you can wash every part of this paint sprayer easily
Some Other Reviews
1. Graco 257025 Magnum Project Painter Plus Paint Sprayer
- CONTROL PAINT FLOW: Fully adjustable pressure to give you ultimate control of paint flow for any project size; RAC IV Switch Tip allows you to reverse the tip when clogged to keep you spraying
- SPRAY PAINT UNTHINNED: Stainless Steel Piston Pump allows you to spray paint unthinned at high pressure. Compatible Tip Size (inch)- 0.009, 0.011, 0.013, 0.015
- SPRAY DIRECTLY FROM PAINT BUCKET: Flexible suction tube allows you to spray directly from a 1 or 5 gallon paint bucket
- RECOMMENDED USE: Annual use recommendation is up to 50 gallons per year
- EASY TO STORE: Extra storage compartments provide space to store the spray gun, extra spray tips, and power cord
New to using paint sprayers? Not a problem with this Graco model. It’s a cinch to use even for new DIY-ers. It’s an ideal choice if you are looking for one that is not tough on the budget but can be relied on for more than just painting your cabinets.
Whether you are working on a small-scale project like painting cabinets or a big scale one like painting exterior siding, this airless paint sprayer will work for you. The pressure is completely adjustable, so you can find the right match for your project scale. This will allow you to minimize paint flow when working on a smaller project like repainting cabinets.
You can use any kind of paint with this product. It doesn’t require the paint to be thinned out first because this has a stainless-steel piston pump that expels paint easily, even the vicious ones.
It has a good suction system. Just directly put the hose in the bucket and it sucks paint easily. There’s no need to get another receptacle to pour paint, reducing mess and clean-up later.
The hose is long enough for you to work your way around your project area without having to relocate the entire paint sprayer closer to you. You can put the cabinet boards next to each other on a surface and spray them evenly on them.
The nozzle allows different direction set-up. Whether you are painting side to side or up and down, this will produce the best results.
It cleans effortlessly. There’s no need to scrub anything. Just take the parts apart, connect them to a faucet and the water will flush the remaining paint with ease.
If you are painting your cabinets outside, you won’t have to worry about the wind-strewing paint particles everywhere. Its airless functions prevent that from happening.
Customers commented on how it takes a long time to set it up and then disassemble it for storage. It can be tedious to perform these steps.
Some customers also said a good amount of paint might be wasted if you are only working on smaller projects as it requires pumping out a lot of paint through its 20-feet hose. That can be rectified by removing the paint from the hose and then pouring it back into the can, but this can also be a lot of work.
2. Graco 17D889 TrueCoat 360 VSP Handheld Paint Sprayer
- CONTROL SPEED: Variable speed control lets you determine the pace for ultimate control on your project; Reversible spray tip allows you to reverse the tip when clogged to keep you spraying
- STORAGE CASE: Durable storage case protects sprayer while keeping tips and accessories organized
- SPRAY PAINT UNTHINNED: Stainless Steel Piston Pump allows you to spray paint unthinned at high pressure
- SPRAY IN ANY DIRECTION: VacuValve technology creates an air tight system allowing you to spray in any direction, even upside down
- RECOMMENDED USE: Annual use recommendation is up to 25 gallons per year
If you are looking for a hand-held tool that you can use for small painting projects, this is a good choice. This product gives you full control over its speed, so you can use it with ease no matter what skill level you have. Homeowners who are painting their cabinets for the first time or home improvement enthusiasts will find this a good addition to their DIY tools.
It also suits professionals who might be looking for a painting tool for mid-size projects.
One of its best features is its variable speed control. It lets users set the speed they prefer so they can control how much paint is being expelled and get even coating on their cabinets.
It can accommodate different kinds of paint, even those that are thicker and more viscous. Like other more expensive Graco paint sprayers, this has also been equipped with the stainless steel piston pump that expels paint at high pressure even when not thinned.
You can spray in any direction you want. It has VacuValve technology that expels a stream of paint in a tight manner, so you can control the direction completely when painting your cabinet.
It prevents the need for a disposable material cup. It makes use of a flex liner paint bag system instead, which can be reused when you are done painting your cabinets.
If you are looking for a paint sprayer that isn’t rocket science to assemble, this is a good choice.
Customers said this is straightforward and its mechanisms are also simple to understand. It cleans easily as well. No need to purge anything out. Many customers also said they just needed one coating of paint to achieve the look they want.
Many commented on how good the quality is, thus making it one of the best paint sprayer for cabinets. They like how Graco also took the time to include a thermal cutoff so if it’s getting too hot, it will shut off automatically.
Some customers said it can get a bit heavy lugging it around with all the paint in the receptacle. If you are painting all day, you might feel tired easily using this.
You also need to clean it well. Make sure there isn’t any leftover paint in the receptacle, otherwise, you might have trouble using it again.
Customers might also require some practice before working on your cabinet. Try spraying it on a spare piece of wood first and learn how to use it before starting with your cabinet.
3. Titan ControlMax 1500 High-Efficiency Airless Paint Sprayer
- AIRLESS PAINT SPRAYER: The ControlMax 1500 is designed for serious DIYers and handymen, making it easier to paint like a pro and apply coatings 3X faster than a roller. Perfect for painting big projects like home exteriors, fences, decks, garages and more
- HIGH EFFICIENCY AIRLESS TECHNOLOGY: This paint sprayer features HEA technology that decreases overspray by up to 55% while delivering softer spray, improving control and providing a more-consistent finish
- HOW IS IT DIFFERENT? This ControlMax sprayer has a max operating pressure of 1500 PSI, can spray up to 175 gallons per year, and utilizes a 25 ft. hose (can be extended up to 75 ft. for longer reach)
- VARIABLE SPEED PUMP: Has a 0.55 horsepower pump that can spray unthinned paints and stains up to 0.29 gallons per minute, ensuring great productivity
- POWERFUL, LONG-LASTING: Sprayer lasts up to 3x longer than competitive sprayers and has a rebuildable fluid section to extend the life of the sprayer. It’s backed by the industry’s best and longest 2 year warranty
If you are looking for an airless paint sprayer that isn’t intimidating to control and is easy to use even if this is your first time using a paint sprayer, go for this. This allows you to control the pressure of the paint, so you can build it up to your desired quality. It’s a good investment for people looking for an all-around paint sprayer that can do more than just paint cabinets.
Customers used this for a variety of purposes like staining decks and painting fences. If you are looking for a paint sprayer that has a multitude of uses, you will like this.
It’s easy to set up according to customers. They did not have issues assembling the parts, plugging them in, and getting it to work.
Many also comment on how easy it is to clean. It didn’t require extra scrubbing or washing.
Customers also like how accessible the price is. For its features, it’s a good price point.
It comes with a 2-year warranty, longer than the warranty offered by most paint sprayers out there.
Many customers said they would have liked this better if it came with a longer hose. This should be adequate for cabinet painting jobs but if you are going to work on a long fence, you might need one with a longer hose.
So, which of these products will be the best paint sprayer for cabinets? For the new DIY-er, the Graco 257025 Magnum Project Painter Plus Paint Sprayer is a good choice. Its adjustable features make it perfect to use for different scales of projects. If you plan to do more painting at home, get this. It’s affordable and has a long life span. Even professionals who have a painting business can also rely on this.
The Graco 17D889 TrueCoat 360 VSP Handheld Paint Sprayer is suitable for those who like a hand-held device. Unlike other airless paint sprayers that automatically get paint from a bucket, this one has a receptacle for the paint. There are fewer parts that you need to deal with, so it’s not complicated to set up. If you like something fuss-free and one that even a first-timer will be able to use with ease, this is the perfect option for you.
More experienced handymen can choose the Titan ControlMax 1500 High Efficiency Airless Paint Sprayer. It’s an affordable choice for an airless paint sprayer and it gets the job done fast. Its set-up is also simple and uncomplicated, which is why those who are using it for the first might also find it a good product to use.
Cabinet Paint Spraying Buying Guide
Need more help in choosing the best paint sprayer for cabinets? Here are some of the things you need to keep in mind:
Adjustable Spray Capacity
Check to see what technology it has that will make it have a more efficient spray capacity. You would want to look for one that has an adjustable spray nozzle, so you can get the pressure you want. If you want a slow stream of paint coming out of a nozzle to get more coverage and coating, look for those that are capable of providing a low pressure. This is important when working on smaller projects like painting cabinets.
People who are working on bigger projects might need something with stronger pressure. If you are working on painting your siding or fence, for instance, you would want it to have a stronger pressure for wider coverage.
Airless paint sprayers can come hand-held or in a wheeled cart. With airless paint sprayers, you don’t have to keep on carrying them with you as you can just use the hose to suck paint directly from a bucket and use the nozzle to paint the surfaces you want to paint. This is better for people who don’t want to carry a heavy bucket, or a paint sprayer loaded with paint.
You can also opt for a hand-held one. Just make sure it is easy to use and can spray easily. Choose something that is lighter in weight.
Make sure the paint sprayer has durable parts. Read reviews to find out which paint sprayers lasted for a long time and which ones fell apart after a few uses.
Clean-Up and Maintenance
Cleaning up paint residues can be a pain if the paint sprayer doesn’t have a feature that will allow easier clean-up. Some paint sprayers can be hooked to a faucet so all you need to do is run water to get rid of excess paint.
Decide how much you want to spend on a paint sprayer. The more features it has, the more expensive it gets. But shell out more money for a longer warranty or a product that does more than just paint your cabinets. Look for one that you can still rely on for other home improvement projects like staining your deck or painting your fence.
Does it come with a warranty? If so, how long? A one-year warranty is standard with most models of paint sprayers but if you can find those with a longer warranty, it will bring more peace of mind. Also, make sure the manufacturer honors the warranty. In case you got a defective model, you can get the manufacturer to replace your purchase.
Finding the best paint sprayer for cabinets that you can use to revive your old furniture isn’t hard. Go ahead and click the links on the products recommended to see what other people are saying about them. If you are looking for more reviews and paint sprayer products, our homepage has a lot of information for you.