Good lighting makes way for better productivity. What is the best LED work light? If there is no ample lighting in your workplace, you also become more susceptible to injuries. It’s important to improve working conditions so you can maximize the time you are working and so you can prevent injuring yourself.
When doing indoor home improvement work like painting interior walls, a work light is also indispensable. It helps you see what you are doing better so you can get more professional-looking painting results. Under poor lighting, painting results can turn out shabby and uneven.
If your current workspace doesn’t have adequate lighting, it’s vital that you add work light for more effective illumination. Work lights are supplementary lights that can be added to a room even without integrating them into your existing lighting system.
When it comes to working light, you will never run out of choices as the market is saturated with them. On the other hand, your vast number of choices might make it difficult to pick the ones that will truly suit your needs.
But don’t worry because we checked out the work lights sold today and picked the best ones. We chose work lights that can bring quality lighting features, efficiency, reliability, and safety to the table.
Our Recommendations for the Best Work Light
Here are the products we found:
- BRIGHT 1, 080 Lumen 5, 000K Brilliant light where you need it, when you need it!
- Long-Lasting Super-Bright LEDs Never Need Replacing | Never replace Hot bulbs again with your NEW Power Smith LED work light!
- Adjustable Extra-Large Metal Hook | Great for working at home, in the garage, shop, auto, or RV!
- Fully Adjustable 360° Tilting Head | Position the light exactly where you need it for your next DIY project!
- Sealed On/Off Switch | The NEW Power Smith PWL110S 1080 Lumen LED work light is completely All-weather proof!
- 【Super Bright & Power Saving】Our work lights use high quality chips, which can produce up to 5000LM brightness. High quality reflective film and beam angle up to 120° provides brighter light. Equivalent to 400W halogen bulb, and helps saving over 85% on electricity bill.
- 【Excellent Heat Dissipation & Durability】 Multiple Groove shape design on the back side increases air contact area and speeds up heat dissipation, extending the service lifespan. Featured with sturdy tempered glass, it is safe, durable, solid with extremely high light transmittance.
- 【IP66 Waterproof】With IP66 level, it can be widely used in outdoor and indoor lighting projects; Easy to use with 5m cord, on/off switch, portable handle and firm standing bracket.
- 【Portable & Flexibility】High quality reflective film and beam angle up to 120° provides brighter light. Adjustable knobs enable you to rotate the light by up to 270 degrees vertically, and 360 degrees on axis, perfect for construction site, car maintenance, factories, docks, interior renovation, garden lighting and workshop.
- Three Prong Plug & Push Button Switch: Directly plug into the main power and switch on, the light will stay always on. The on/off switch close to the lamp makes it easier to turn on and off.
- POWEFUL - 9,000 Lumens provide high intensity light. 5,000K Color Temperature. When you need a brilliant light to view your next project that allows you to see in vivid detail.
- DURABILITY - Heavy duty professional grade die-cast aluminum housing.Integrated LEDs so no bulbs to ever replace.
- CONVENIENCE - 8 ft. power cord and adjustable height up to 5 ft. x 6 in. Lamp heads rotate 90° s vertically and 330° s horizontally.Tri-pod stands with flip lock. You can put the light onto the ground.When the job is finished, just fold up, built-in cord wrap system makes LED work light easier to fold up. easier to fold up.
- WATERPROOF - ETL for wet locations. Which means Lutec LED Work Light is ready for your next outdoor project!
- WARRANTY - 3-year warranty provided, please feel free to contact us if any issue arises.
Here are the things you need to know about these work lights:
1. LeonLite High Bay LED Temporary Work Light Fixture
- Linkable Design: Can be linked up to 16 fixture for larger lighting demands and saves plugs. Designed with 10ft power cable and the plug-n-play design, no need the ballast, this high bay fixture is very easy to use
- Super Bright: This 60W LED light can be replaced the traditional 300W incandescent/150W halogen light and its 5000K daylight 7200lm high output can save 80%/60% on energy costs. This is the high efficiency, money-saving replacement for the old, inefficient HID temporary lighting
- Well-made Durable Hook: Can be hanged above the area you want to light up easily. The light can withstand the harsh environments, impacts and vibrations thanks to its corrosion resistant guard. The portable handle and helpful plug-n-play design lets you use the light in anywhere
- Excellent Performance: The high waterproof, surge protection design, and its operating temperature range from -13℉ to 113℉, this fixture great for outdoor use. CRI of 80+ shows off an object’s true color. The high-quality LEDs ensure a long lifespan and the light instantly turns it on without flickering for a soft lighting effect. Not only does it protect your eyes, but this light is also free of mercury and UV/IR radiation, protecting the environment as well
- Trustable Choice: The UL certification ensures safe operation and makes this light can be used in both construction sites and maintenance applications. It is used widely for construction, military, industrial and emergency services. The super long 54,000hrs lifespan and 5-year product warranty lets you get rid of the trouble of replacing fixtures
This is a work light relied on by people in the business of production, remodeling, and construction. If you need a reliable work light that you can use for your business, you won’t be disappointed with this. We recommend you get this as well as backup lighting for various purposes.
The extra lighting it provides is more than adequate. It does give more illumination power even to bigger spaces. Many users have relied on this to keep their job sites bright. There are even users who work on tedious projects like window tinting who said this lighting gave them the extra lighting they need to get their job done perfectly.
Unlike other traditional light sources, it doesn’t consume too much electricity. You can work all day or all night with this one and not worry that your electrical bill will skyrocket. The product itself boasts 89% less energy consumption compared to standard light sources.
There’s a built-in power surge protection in this light. If you live in an area where power surges tend to happen a lot, you will need one with this feature as it protects the product from damages.
It can be used for outdoor purposes as well. If you need extra lighting when throwing a party outdoors or you need to work all night but have to work outside your home, you can rely on this.
There is no hotspot – ideal for smaller working areas. The light itself doesn’t produce too much heat. Customers also like how you can set it up to illuminate different directions. There is no glare that focuses on just one spot only.
The design is thought-out. It comes with a considerably long cord, so you can find a spot to hook it up easily. The cage seems to be well-built and doesn’t succumb to damages even when used all the time. You can take it with you, load it in your bag and still be able to get more out of it.
This has one of the longest lifespans when it comes to working lights. It also comes with a warranty.
There aren’t a lot of negative reviews about this product. There were only some people who said the housing of the cord fell apart after some usage.
2. In360Light LED Work Light with Tripod
- 360 DEGREES OF LIGHT Flood your workshop, outdoor construction site, or garage with bright, no-shadow diffuse working light
- HEAVY DUTY Tripod light stand keeps your work light secure and sure, no wobbles, no flickering, for seamless steady light. Adjusts up to 7' tall
- PORTABLE & CONVENIENT The light box weighs just 9 lbs, sports straps for carrying, and the translucent enclosure is shatter-resistant
- SUPER BRIGHT 16 LEDs put out 20,000 lumens for light that will flood a 4-car garage while using less than 200 watts, for efficient, long-lasting life
- VERSATILE Ideal for painters, shop lighting, boat docks, work sites, temporary lighting and backyard soccer matches
Are you looking for a supplementary work light for either residential or commercial purposes? This is the perfect choice for you. It can be used not just in job sites but also in different working areas like a garage. Need one that can be used outdoors? This won’t disappoint. Use this to illuminate your patio, pool, or tennis court.
Even if you are just using this light and nothing else, it is capable of illuminating a big space like a 4-car garage. That’s how powerful its lighting capacity is. What many users like about this is that it has a 360-degree lighting ability that ensures no spot in your work area remains dim. The lighting quality is also just right. It’s the closest you can find to daylight quality so it’s easier to work without the fatigue from too much light glare. You don’t need to deal with shadows as well.
It comes with a tripod, which seems to be well-built and sturdy. You can also adjust the height of the tripod to get as much illumination as you want.
Even with the tripod, it’s not difficult to carry and move around. At 9 pounds, it is one of the lightest work lights around. If you need to transfer job sites around or you are a contractor who goes to different places and works until late at night, this is a good addition to your tools.
It comes with a lifetime limited warranty. Aside from the fact that it’s durable, it is also backed by a long warranty, so you probably won’t have to buy a work light again.
It can be used for outdoor purposes as well and can double as an event light. Just make sure there is a place to plug it in.
It’s not really built for rainy day usage. If you are going to use it outdoors, make sure you put it inside when it starts to rain or will get damaged.
The LED lights are not replaceable. Should you find that you need to replace the lights, you will have to replace the entire unit.
Some users said they wished this comes with a built-in cord coil. Also, they wished the pin used to clip the tripod in is located in a more ideal place for easier transport.
3. VonHaus Two-Head Work Light
- 10000 LUMENS: Large, powerful and highly functional worklight with 100W, generates an output of 10000 Lumens - Long-lasting LED Bulbs with 5000K "Bright White" Color Temperature
- WATER-RESISTANT DESIGN: Durable LED lamps are encased in waterproof sealed die cast aluminium housing behind impact-resistant glass lenses – safely use indoors or outdoors in poor weather
- ULTIMATE FLEXIBILITY: 80" max height telescopic aluminium tripod legs can be quickly and easily adjusted; extra-long 8.2ft power cord offers a greater working range. Tripod Size: 85.8 X 33.5 X 30.3” (fully extended)
- DETACHABLE LED LAMPS: Fully adjustable and detachable twin LED rotary headlamps with tilt from 30 degrees down to 90 degrees up – easily and accurately direct the light at your work area
- NO ON/OFF SWITCH: The work light can easily be turned on and off at the power outlet. Quick-release function – easily detach the lights from the tripod for faster setup and breakdown, and easy storage.
Get this if you are looking for a powerful work light that can also be used for outdoor usage even under poor weather conditions. It’s not just useful for people with a business but all those who might need a supplementary light for their needs.
This work light packs a punch when it comes to lighting efficacy. With 10000 lumens under its belt, this might be all you need to light up a dark area. The bulbs are also long-lasting and emit a light color similar to daylight.
It is a standing light propped by a tripod. You can adjust the height of the tripod, so this can go as high as 80 inches – ideal for bigger job sites or work areas.
One of its best features is its water-resistant LED lamps. The housing is waterproof, so you can use it outdoors even when it’s raining. The glass lenses that protect the lamp are also strong and shatter-resistant, ideal for when you need something durable for different jobs.
If you are in need of a work light that you can easily adjust so that it illuminates a specific spot, this is the right choice for you. The headlamps can be rotated in different degrees and angles.
The lamps are easy to remove. If you need to store it, you can do so without needing to grapple the work light.
This is not 360-degree lighting. If you are looking for one that illuminates all parts of the room, this is not the ideal choice for you.
There is also no switch button. You basically plug and unplug it to turn it on or off. There are also users who found the cord a little too short for their needs. Many required the use of an extension cord to set it up to the location they want.
There were also reports about the bulbs losing illumination after a few hours of use.
It’s hard to find a work light better than these suggestions. If you are still on the fence about which one to go for, let us help you out further.
We suggest springing for the VonHaus Two-Head Work Light for more specific jobs. For instance, if you only need light for a specific part of the room, you will find this ideal. It does offer a lot of flexibility when it comes to its positioning but since it doesn’t have a 360-degree function, it won’t light up the entire room. Price-wise, it’s not that expensive. However, go for this if you work outdoors a lot, even when it’s raining or snowing.
The In360Light LED Work Light with Tripod can be used outside but not when it’s pouring. However, its 360-degree lighting function makes up for its lack of waterproofing features. It illuminates an entire room perfectly so if you need to move around the room a lot or there are a lot of people working on that job site, you would want to get this.
The LeonLite High Bay LED Temporary Work Light Fixture is a more heavy-duty work light, ideal for people who are always on the go and who tend to bring their work light with them all the time. It doesn’t succumb to damages fast, so you won’t have to worry about this shattering while transporting it. It’s also the most efficient work light you will have so it’s not a burden to use.
But whatever you choose from these products, you’re bound to have one with superior lighting prowess and good durability.
Work Light Buying Guide
Do you still need to gain more confidence when it comes to choosing the right work light for your needs? Make sure you check the following criteria when buying:
Work light differs when it comes to lumens. The higher the lumens, the brighter the light is. Generally, you would want to go for higher lumens when you need to illuminate a bigger space or when your work area is dark. However, make sure it has brightness similar to daylight to reduce eye strain and to avoid hot spots.
If you are planning on using the work light for long hours, you definitely need to look for one with better efficiency. Lights with high lumens are energy hogs. If you run them for many hours in the day or night, expect to spend more on your electricity bills. You can prevent that by going for one with at least 80% of efficiency.
If you only have one work area, a fixed light or one that can be tilted upwards and sideways should suffice. However, if you go around the entire job site or there are more people sharing the same workspace with you, it’s more ideal to get one with an omnidirectional feature. You can keep the lighting in the same fixed place and get even lighting in all directions.
Stability and Durability
Are the light bulbs durable? How many hours of usage will you get before it is expected to die down? You would want to check these things before buying. If it comes with a tripod, check how stable it is. You don’t want the light to come crashing down on you or the projects you are working on. A good tripod should have a stable base, not wobbly so it stays upright and in place.
Does it require a lot of maintenance? Go for those that can withstand some abuse but won’t need to be checked by a professional all the time for maintenance.
Ease of Transport
If you plan on taking the work light with you wherever you go, make sure it can withstand constantly being handled and transported. Otherwise, it might wear down easily. Some work lights also have impact-resistant glasses, so they are better for those who tend to treat their tools roughly. If it comes with a tripod, check to see if you can fold the tripod easily and if it’s going to fit in your vehicle.
Now that you know all these, it’s time to arm yourself with a work light that can be your ally in creating the best work. Make sure you click the links on our suggested products. If you need more information on other construction and home improvement painting tools and equipment, our homepage should have everything you need.