In this Guide
Breathe new life into your old and worn-out deck by applying a fresh coat of stain. It’s often a job that people get intimidated with because it seems like it requires a lot of work and manpower. Applying stain coating can take the whole day or even a few days for people who don’t have a lot of time on their hands. But with the help of the best stain sprayers for decks, you should be able to get the job done faster and without the back strain.
There is a cornucopia of stain sprayers out there for decks, but we took it upon ourselves to choose the ones that truly deliver the best features. Our picks are some of the best when it comes to top-notch performance, smooth operations, value for money, durability, and ease of use. They are not only perfect for staining decks but can also be used for a wide array of jobs such as painting fences and walls.
You don’t need to look further because we already found the best stain sprayers for your needs.
Our Best Stain Sprayers for Decks
Set your sights on these products:
- SUPERIOR PERFORMING HVLP SPRAY GUN: This HVLP sprayer utilizes a two-stage, indoor/outdoor rated air turbine to provide a fine finish on your surface.
- PERFECT FLOW EVERY TIME: Adjust the material volume by turning the regulator on the trigger of the spray gun to achieve a smooth material flow. You can also adjust the spray pattern to spray horizontal, vertical or round
- USE WITH A VARIETY OF MATERIALS: Applies thin materials such as stains, sealers, urethanes, varnishes and lacquers
- GREAT FOR ANY PROJECT: Includes two material cups, 1 quart for smaller interior work and 1.5 quart for larger exterior work. Perfect for transforming decks, patios, fences, furniture, cabinets, and more
Some More Reviews of Stain Sprayers
Let’s take a look at what makes these airless best stain sprayers for decks a cut above the rest:
1. Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer
- CONTROL PAINT FLOW: Fully adjustable pressure to give you ultimate control of paint flow for any project size
- SPRAY PAINT UNTHINNED: Stainless Steel Piston Pump allows you to spray paint unthinned at high pressure
- PAINT DIRECTLY FROM THE BUCKET: Flexible suction tube allows you to spray directly from a 1 or 5-gallon paint bucket
- SPRAY MORE PROJECTS EACH YEAR: Annual use recommendation is up to 125 gallons per year
- FAST AND EASY CLEAN-UP: Power Flush Adapter connects to a garden hose for fast and easy cleaning
This lightweight deck stain sprayer is perfect for the novice DIYer or people who suffer from physiological pain. It’s easy to lug around and won’t require you to exert too much force. It gets the job done fast with its powerful and efficient spraying functionalities. It’s also one of the most affordable airless paint sprayers out there, perfect for people who are on a tight budget.
This paint sprayer has it all – a controllable stain and paint flow so you can adjust the pressure to match your project needs, the ability to spray stain as well as unthinned paint easily, and the ability to siphon paint directly from the bucket so there is no need to pour stain on a separate receptacle for easier cleaning.
There is an anti-clog mechanism that allows you to still continue staining your deck by just reversing the tip if you experience clogging. This will also come in handy when using thicker formulas of paint.
It’s one of the most long-last deck strainers and sprays painter out there. It can accommodate up to 125 gallons of paint and stain in a year. If you plan on doing a lot of work in your home aside from staining your deck, this product will serve you well.
A lot of users commended this product because of how easy it is to use. Before, they used to get sore back, shoulders, and arms after using paint rollers. But with this, they were able to do deck staining jobs and more without feeling the physical effects.
The overall construction feels sturdy and well-made. You don’t have to worry about parts falling apart or deteriorating even after just a few uses.
According to some users, its suction system isn’t adequate when there’s only a little over 2 inches of paint left in the paint bucket. Users recommend pouring the leftover from the previous can to the new one, so you can get the most out of it. Otherwise, you will waste a good amount of paint.
Set-up can also take some time. You will have to learn how to make it work and then spend some time figuring out how to control the suction. But according to users, once you figure out how to make it work, the painting would be a cinch.
Although it is light weight, some people might prefer their airless sprayers with wheels for easier transport. This doesn’t come with wheels.
2. Graco 257025 Magnum Project Painter Plus Paint Sprayer
- CONTROL PAINT FLOW: Fully adjustable pressure to give you ultimate control of paint flow for any project size; RAC IV Switch Tip allows you to reverse the tip when clogged to keep you spraying
- SPRAY PAINT UNTHINNED: Stainless Steel Piston Pump allows you to spray paint unthinned at high pressure
- SPRAY DIRECTLY FROM PAINT BUCKET: Flexible suction tube allows you to spray directly from a 1 or 5 gallon paint bucket
- RECOMMENDED USE: Annual use recommendation is up to 50 gallons per year
- EASY TO STORE: Extra storage compartments provide space to store the spray gun, extra spray tips, and power cord
This can be your ally in doing renovations in your home. It’s great not just for staining decks but also for painting exterior and interior walls and fences. It has professional results, so this can be used by professional contractors as well. But even though you are only a hobbyist or a DIY enthusiast, you will find this paint sprayer value for your money.
This paint sprayer doesn’t disappoint when it comes to powerful performance. It sprays out the stain and paints evenly. With its adjustable functions, you can set it up to accommodate your personal needs and preferences. There were users who tried it with thicker paint like flat paint for exterior usage and still got great results from it without going out of their way to thin the paint they are using.
The suction system is also commendable. It does a great job siphoning stain or paints directly from a bucket, eliminating the need to transfer it to another container, thereby reducing the cleaning work you have to do.
Customers also like how easy it is to spray stain all over the deck. It didn’t require a lot of muscle work, so they reduced their chances of getting muscle strain after the project. It also comes with a 50 ft long hose, so you can keep on spraying your deck with stain without pausing to transfer the product closer to you.
You can find a DVD included in this product. It will tell you everything you need to know about the product – from set-up to clean-up. It’s easy to learn.
Customers commented on how it doesn’t waste paint. It doesn’t leave paint in the bucket like some sprayers with poor suction quality.
Price is also affordable for one of the best stain sprayers for decks. It’s at the lower end of the airless paint sprayer market so if you are on a tight budget but would like to get one with good functionality and quality, this is a must-buy.
Some people received defective products and complained about them to Graco’s customer service. They will replace it with a new one, but the process can be a hassle.
Some customers said they had trouble understanding the instructors and required the help of customer service to assemble the product.
There was also a customer who complained about the product shooting out a big amount of paint.
3. Titan ControlMax 1900 PRO High-Efficiency Airless Paint Sprayer
- AIRLESS PAINT SPRAYER: The ControlMax 1900 Pro is designed for serious DIYers and handymen, making it easier to paint like a pro and apply coatings 3X faster than a roller. Perfect for painting big projects like home exteriors, fences, decks, garages and more
- HIGH EFFICIENCY AIRLESS TECHNOLOGY: This paint sprayer features HEA technology that decreases overspray by up to 55% while delivering softer spray, improving control and providing a more-consistent finish
- HOW IS IT DIFFERENT? This ControlMax sprayer has a max operating pressure of 1600 PSI, can spray up to 500 gallons per year, features an all-metal gun, and utilizes a 50 ft. hose (can be extended up to 100 ft. for longer reach)
- VARIABLE SPEED PUMP: Has a 0.70 horsepower pump that can spray unthinned paints and stains up to 0.40 gallons per minute, ensuring great productivity
- FULLY PORTABLE CART DESIGN: Designed for maximum portability by having wheels and a 50 ft. hose so you can easily move around large projects and reach tall areas while on a ladder
Get this if you are looking for something that is easy to use and doesn’t require too much manual work. The mechanisms are simple and not intimidating. It comes with a cart, ideal for those who don’t like carrying around a heavy airless paint sprayer. Even professionals will find this a great buy.
Many professionals who paint walls and stain decks for a living actually commended this product. They like how professional the results are. They said you can cut down painting time by as much as 25% with this product in tow.
The inclusions also make it easier to do deck staining and painting jobs. The 515 spray tip makes way for a professional-grade finish while the long hose allows you to get around the project area without having to stop and carry the product.
There’s a lot of pressure in this. It doesn’t just expel paint efficiently, it also moves water during cleaning time well. It gets rid of the stain or paint residue inside that and other feature makes it in the best stain sprayers for decks.
Like what it promised to do, it does have lesser overspray than competing brands, according to customers. They were able to get more from their stain and paint and didn’t have to worry about the paint and stain particles getting elsewhere in their property.
Customers commended its ergonomic functions. It’s easy to handle and control. Since it comes with wheels, you can just take it from one place to another without carrying it.
It’s pricier than many airless sprayers out there but since this comes with its own cart, that’s understandable.
Some said there is still some overspray, so you still need to prepare your project site for it. Priming might also take some time to get used to.
4. Graco Magnum 261815 ProX7 Hi-Boy Cart Airless Paint Sprayer
- Maximum delivery rating: 0.34 gallons per minute gallons per minute, pump directly from 1 or 5 gallon paint containers
- Operating pressure max: 3000 psi - pounds per square inch
- Maximum tip size: 0.017 -Inch
- 3/4 Horsepower - runs off a 15 Amp household current or 1500 Watt generator
- Maximum hose length: 150 feet
Property owners who want to stain their deck and do other home improvement work should include this in their DIY arsenal. It’s a force to be reckoned with for all kinds of work. The Magnum is an affordable product that won’t break the bank but still gives quality results, thanks to its high-pressure piston pump. It also works in atomizing paints that are thicker in consistency so if you like using these kinds of paints, you will like working with this product.
Its .017 tip size and 3000 PSI make this a powerful machine for deck staining and painting purposes. The product can expel a good amount of stain and paint, so you can do your job in a shorter period of time.
It comes with a 150-foot hose – longer than many of the standard hose lengths provided by other airless stain sprayers. You can set the entire product aside and then work your way around your deck with ease. No need to carry it around with you all the time.
The paint sprayer has a good build. The parts can withstand a lot of usages. A customer even used it to paint the entire exterior of his 2,200 square-foot house and got the job done without issues.
It produced great results. Even when using it on surfaces other than wood such as aluminum siding, you can still get a good spray finish, thus being one of the best stain sprayers for decks. Customers even used this to hide imperfections from a previous painting job where they used a traditional paintbrush.
It can handle even the most viscous paint. There is no need to thin the product or switch to a thinner paint to get it to work better.
You really need to check the manual for details on how to set it up. Many users, especially those using an airless sprayer for the first time might find this intimidating to use.
Some also said they had to deal with a good deal of over spraying. It’s more of atomized particles floating in the air that settle on surfaces. Do a lot of prep work to avoid getting the atomized paint everywhere.
Conclusion of the best stain sprayers for decks
It’s really hard to go wrong with these products. Without doubt they are all part of the best stain sprayers for decks. If you want something with a more professional finish or one that has more professional features, go for the Titan Control Max 1900 PRO High-Efficiency Airless Paint Sprayer. We recommend this for people who are looking for a sprayer or staining tool that will work even for bigger projects. It’s a great investment but not as cheap as others.
Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer is a good alternative if you are looking for one that has professional results but is not as expensive. This is a good choice for the casual DIY-er or the homeowner doing some work here and there in his home. It’s an easy tool to use, perfect even for those who don’t like to exert too much effort. It’s also one of the most long-lasting stain sprayers out there. It accommodates more gallons of paint or stain in a year than competing products.
Graco 257025 Magnum Project Painter Plus Paint Sprayer isn’t lagging behind. It has very similar features with the Graco Magnum 261815 ProX7 Hi-Boy Cart Airless Paint Sprayer, but the latter comes with its own wheeled car while the former does not. If you are looking for something that is handier and has a good hose length, the latter would be a better option for you. Both are great if you are looking for even results and efficient spraying.
We recommend that you assess your personal needs and mull over the pros and cons of the best stain sprayers for decks. If there’s a product you think fits your preferences, click the link and learn more about its features, else if you want to know more about painting tools jump here. If you are looking for more product recommendations and reviews, our homepage has everything you need.